Hardwood Flooring Installation in Centereach, Stony Brook, & St. James, NY
Whether you are replacing your old, beat up hardwood, or need different flooring for your projects, we can help. At Carpet Your World, we offer hardwood flooring installation services that are second to none. If you are unsure how to complete these projects, have it done by our seasoned professionals. Our employees have the knowledge, experience and tools needed to get the job done in a timely manner.
Why choose our hardwood installation team?
Our team is dedicated to their trade. We specialize in creating custom floors designed especially for you. We are here with you every step of the way, from designing to installing, making sure that you are completely satisfied. Our goal is to help you create flooring that is beautiful and functional.
We can create looks that are sure to impress. Our skills set us apart from other companies in the St. James and Stony Brook, NY areas. We have the experience needed to get the job done and get it done right the first time. When you are ready for quality hardwood flooring installation services, call us.
4 methods of installation
1. Glue Down:
- adhesive is spread on with the proper sized trowel
- engineered floors and parquets- can be glued down
- solid strip floors and plank floors can only be nailed or stapled
2. Nail Down:
- used with the 3/4" solid products
- sometimes available for thinner floors
- 2" nailing cleats used with a nailer and mallet to
attach to the subfloor
- solid strip floors or plank floors only installed on wood
subfloors on grade or above grade
3. Staple Down:
- 1-1/2 to 2 inch staples used versus nailing cleats to
attach to the subfloor
- pneumatic gun used to drive the staple into the subfloor
- not all companies recommend the same staple gun
- padding and glue used together
- floating installation- not fastened to the subfloor
- thin pad placed between the floor and subfloor
- wood glue is applied in the tongue and groove to hold planks
- padding advantages: protects against moisture, reduces noise,
softer, additional "R" value
- engineered floors and all Longstrip floors can be floated
- fast, easy and clean method of installation
- 2-3 days prior to installation
- must be done in the area where product is installed